[Asterisk-Users] zapata.conf - callwaiting

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Oct 29 07:29:55 MST 2004

Ahh, good, I'm not the only one who hates call-waiting.

You'll have to get call-waiting turned off by your telco, there's
nothing you can really do in * about this.  The callwaiting settings are
for FXS ports, not for FXO ports.  Once an FXO port is connected, the CW
beep will be heard on the connected handset.  You *can* turn off
call-waiting when you dial out a call, by prepending the CW-disable
(often *71) service code in front of the number.