[Asterisk-Users] Suggestion re: SIP/NAT/*

Richard Branham richard at branham.us
Thu Oct 28 11:00:46 MST 2004

I'm attempting to set up an Asterisk server with clients as follows:

SIP Client 1 (HT 286) === NAT === Internet === NAT === * Server === SIP
Client (HT 286) 2

The crux of the matter is this:  I have a client behind a NAT trying to
connect to an * behind a NAT.  I'm looking for suggestions on how best
to tackle the problem.

Although I'd prefer to have Client 1 connect directly to my * server,
it's acceptable for Client 1 to connect to another service (FWD, etc.)
and have my * server register with the service as well if necessary.

I have the option of disabling NAT or putting some equipment into a DMZ.

Can you offer some suggestions for what my network topology should look
like to get Client 1 connected to my * server?

Thanks,
Richard