[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P hardware problems

Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Thu Oct 28 09:08:09 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Courtnage" <ryan-lists at voxbox.ca>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] TDM400P hardware problems

| Hi,
|
| > | I am using TDM400P card for about 4 months right now with
| > | 4 FXO modules.
| > | During this 4 months of use I needed to shutdown server (power off)
| > | the card just stopped working.
|
| > I have the exact same card, hasn't worked properly yet (with
| > respect to the reboot situation).
|
| > Sometimes I even here "clicking" noise and I need to power off server
| > then everything goes back to normal. My server is Dell.
|
| These cards have always been problematic for me.
|
| Make sure the cards aren't sharing interrupts.

The card is in a dedicated slot

| Always make sure you use filtered power (UPS or a good powerbar).

Always filtered, using APC

| You might get lucky and find that re-seating the card or changing PCI

doesn't help

| slots helps. Failing that, try using a completely different PC.

Don't think so - the board shouldn't be made as a general use
component if it doesn't work properly in a universal implementation
(PCI).  The only requirement is the bios has to be at least level 2.2
and a min of 3.3 V

|<snip>

| You'll probably find that stopping * and re-loading the card module
| (wcfxs) will correct the issue (temporarily).

Asterisk has nothing to do with zaptel

Aside from that, make
| sure your customers know how to hit ctrl-alt-del on the pbx...

ctrl-alt-del, reboot from the command line same thing
the card needs power off, even though the board still has power applied

Greg