[Asterisk-Users] Re: call progress - what are the sticking points?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Oct 28 08:17:16 MST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Nicolás Gudiño wrote:

> Asterisk detects hangups with busydetect and busycount just fine. At
> least for me. The problem is ANSWER detection for billing purposes.

Does asterisk support polarity reversal detection for answer/disconnect
supervision? For a quick look at the source it does not appear to do so,
only as a CallerId trigger.

It does not look that hard to add since a polarity message is already sent
from the zaptel driver. However, I have no such cards so I can not try
myself. We use isdn. :)

Or maybe I am wrong and Asterisk does support polarity reversal
supervision.

Peter