[Asterisk-Users] Re: call progress - what are the sticking po ints?

Whisker, Peter Peter.Whisker at logicacmg.com
Thu Oct 28 07:28:59 MST 2004

It looks for tones (currently hardwired as US). I have updated to include UK
tones but is hard to get it to reliably recognise. For example the tones in
the switch here at work are 5-10% off frequency. Correcting for this, and
doing a lot of fiddling it did recognise the tones but was unreliable.

I have a problem in that our office switch clears to dialtone rather than
busy if the other end hangs up. I would like a way of recognising unexpected
dialtone and hanging-up. So far, this has not been easy. I have changed the
busydetect to clear if it gets continupus tone for 8 seconds but this does
false hangups and would be useless for a fax machine.

Peter