[Asterisk-Users] WRT54GS zaptel timing device

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Oct 28 06:27:42 MST 2004

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I know that I can run Asterisk on the Linksys WRT54GS, but can I
> do Zaptel as well?  I would really like a timing device so I can do
> IAX2 trunking - but I don't know how to go about it.  Has anyone done
> this?

You *know* it can? Does that mean you've actually seen it work? A number
of people have said it can run, but after questioning it turns out to be
hearsay.

You can replace the Linksys image with one of serveral. You can build
Asterisk with the tools. You can load that image into the Linksys box.
You can run it. Then you seem to get stuck, because something fouls up
in the threading and nothing works.

Anyone who can post a real way to get Asterisk running on these Linksys
boxes will be considered a hero :-)

Steve