[Asterisk-Users] Getting result codes of SIP-dials

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Thu Oct 28 02:08:35 MST 2004

Hello list!

If I make a SIP call to another host like
Dial(SIP/12345 at someprovider.com,120,r) I would like to know the error
code the other hosts returns if the call failed, i.e. an 404 for "Not
Found", to play messages for the different possibilities.

The problem is, that there seems to be no way of getting this results.
HANGUPCAUSE gives me a 16 if everything went OK and a 1 for all other
cases. DIALSTATUS gives me a CONGESTION if the call could not be
completed. Any ideas how I can get the SIP error codes into a variable?

Regards

Kai

--
Kai Militzer                 WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                      CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller