[Asterisk-Users] test telephone numbers

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Oct 28 00:25:07 MST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 04:15, Steve Totaro wrote:
> i think he meant numbers that would not be billed for completing a call.

No, any number is just fine.
Preferably a mix of mobile and fixed numbers for as many countries/regions as
possible.
So often a customer will say something like "I've been trying to get a call
through to Uzbekistan all day and nothing works", so i have to try to route
Uzbekistan through a carrier who will be able to terminate it properly.
Being able to test with a number that won't wake someone up at 3am would be
much easier...

Finding hotels or companies using an IVR system on the internet will help for
landlines, but if anyone has any out of use mobile numbers that will still
play a message, this would help a lot to...

Thanks for the numbers and suggestions so far,

Richard.