[Asterisk-Users] WRT54GS zaptel timing device

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Oct 27 21:04:20 MST 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>>     I know that I can run Asterisk on the Linksys WRT54GS, but can I
>> do Zaptel as well?  I would really like a timing device so I can do
>> IAX2 trunking - but I don't know how to go about it.  Has anyone done
>> this?
>

> If you can run a 2.6 kernel on that device, then ztdummy will work just
> fine. If must run a 2.4 kernel, then I think you don't have any options
> for a timing device, except for a TDMoE span to another box that can
> supply timing.

I don't think that this little box has a RTC to do the 1000hz on 2.6.  I
have built OpenWRT and 'grep -i rtc .config' in the kernel directory
reports that CONFIG_RTC is not set - not good news.  I don't know if a
2.6 kernel will work anyways, if it is even possible it should be quite
a challenge.

--
Kristian Kielhofner