[Asterisk-Users] pickupgroup and callgroup on zapata.conf , how they work ?

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Wed Oct 27 20:18:50 MST 2004

Pedro Howat Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure that out . I've already read all the information I
> found on wiki , and googled that too .
> But I still can't understand how exactly they work.
> "...you can pickup a ringing phone if you have a group in your
> /pickupgroup/ that is in their /callgroup/."
> what does that exactly mean ?
>
> if someone could point me to somewhere I can find more information or
> help me to understand that I would be really happy =] .

from zapata.conf:

; Ring groups (a.k.a. call groups) and pickup groups.
; If a phone is ringing and it is a member of a group which is one
; of your pickup groups, then you can answer it by picking up and
; dialing *8#.  For simple offices, just make these both the same
;
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

This means that, for example, if you have channels 1, 2 and 3 on pickup
group 1, if a call comes in and rings the phone on channel 1 then
someone on the phone attached to channel 2 can pick up the call by
dialing *8#.

Flynn