[Asterisk-Users] New Strategy in App_queue

Nathan Bowyer nbowyer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:39:50 MST 2004

Hello,

I've been looking at and working on a new queue strategy for about a
week now, off and on.  However, being that I'm not really a C
programmer (yet, anyway) I have not made much progress.

The concept is rather simple, probably the easiest of all the queue
strategies.  I simply want to  it to ring the interfaces / agents in
the order they are listed in queues.conf, and start over at the
beginning when a new call comes in.  If you were doing this with
Dial() and in the dial plan, it would look something like this:

exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/phone1,35)
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/phone2,30)
exten => s,3,Dial(SIP/phone3,35)

There is a very real reason for wanting to do this with app_queue
rather than Dial, but its rather outside the scope of this message, I
think.

In any case, if any of you have interest in seeing something like this
happen, or have any pointers or tips that would aid in this endeavour,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Nathan