[Asterisk-Users] Type of T1 for T100P card

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Oct 27 16:14:11 MST 2004

--On Wednesday, October 27, 2004 18:18 -0400 Pedro Aguayo
<paguayo at teachscape.com> wrote:

> I'm currently setting up a PBX system using the T100P card, and was
> wondering if it can handle the 2-way trunk type of T1s. Do 2-way trunk
> T1s use RBS signaling?
> Please excuse my ignorance, I have mostly dealt with PRI B and D channel
> type of T1s.

2-way is telco talk for you can make inbound and outbound calls on the
trunk.  2-way can be delivered via ISDN PRI, E&M Wink, as well as other
technologies.  I personally recommend ISDN PRI when available, wink usually
isn't much cheaper and the signaling setup and teardown can take longer and
isn't as robust (not an asterisk problem, just a generic wink problem)

after finding a motherboard that the TDM400P and T100P liked we've had no
further hardware problems.  still rough edges in a few places but core
features and functions all work extremely well and have had 0 problems.
the areas I've experienced problems are mostly with chan_agent
(AgentCallbackLogin) and this weekend, time permitting, I'll be doing some
serious gutting of that.  Before then though I'm going to re-implement
agent logins/logouts via Dialplan logic so that we can get by until I see
chan_agent is fit.

Work is being done by the digium people on any of the problem spots.