[Asterisk-Users] SIP vs MGCP

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Oct 27 13:13:49 MST 2004

Does anyone have good pro/con on MGCP vs SIP? We are currently using all
SIP, however, I went to a presentation today by Covad/Cisco on a new product
they are unveiling and Covad is using all MGCP for Phone->PBX connectivity.
This got me thinking: If this huge established company is selling VoIP
turn-key solutions and they are using MGCP, why aren't I?

So, if anyone has some good reasons for using 1 or the other. Please pass
on. I'm sure others on the list would benefit from this as well.

THanks,
Matthew