[Asterisk-Users] polycom IP 500/600

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Wed Oct 27 13:04:19 MST 2004

More thoughts, polycom can have two options to send ftp login info.

1. use dhcp to push username and password. It can use either the existing
dhcp options, e.g. bootp file name field as a string to send
"username/password", or define a new vendor specified field.

2. use the existing ftp account to get the config file. If it includes a new
ftp username/password, phone should reboot and try to use the new username
and password. This is the way how cisco ata works with new authentication
key.

Richard