[Asterisk-Users] AT&T Cordless VOIP Phone?

Michael Van Donselaar michael-list at vandonselaar.org
Wed Oct 27 12:24:03 MST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:42:14 -0500, "Me" <mylist at lightwavetech.com> wrote:

>http://att.onlinephonestore.com/browse/109cea22c2eca7d0b549e0b05cd0c899
>
>Anyone know if this could work with Asterisk?

It's not a VOIP phone.  It's a combination 1-line POTS phone/900MHz cordless mic
and speaker.

You plug it into your computer and use it as a cordless headset for your
softphone, and/or as a POTS phone.

It's what I used to develop iaxComm.  Cordless softphone.  Unfortunately there's
no interface for ringing the handset or detecting hook state, so I had to set up
the call at the laptop, but then I could roam.

$75 is a bit steep, though.  When I bought mine last year, $60 seemed to be
street price.