[Asterisk-Users] OT: The ideal switch for VOIP

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Oct 27 12:13:16 MST 2004

Hello all,

	I have been looking around and am unable to find the "perfect" switch
for VoIP:

802.3af PoE on all 24-48 ports
CDP (for Cisco and Polycom phones)
802.1q/p
24-48 ports with 2+ gigE ports

I know that switches have been touched on by this list, but nothing has
quite satisfied me as the perfect switch...

I am sure that Cisco has something, but navigating their site is just
plain frustrating some days.  What do you use, and what do you recommend?

The switch must not be at end-of-life status, and be supported by the
manufacturer for at least a couple more years.

Any thoughts?

--
Kristian Kielhofner