[Asterisk-Users] Remote Voicemail

Christopher Jacob chris at jacob-solutions.com
Wed Oct 27 08:55:37 MST 2004

Hey all,

I have a bit of a conundrum I need some help with...

I have two servers. local and remote...

The voicemail app lives on remote.

When a local sip dials another local sip that is not available, I need to go
to the remote voicemail app.

Right now I send it to extension 4600 (which is on remote) and use the
switch command to share the dial plan.

exten => 4600,1,wait(1)
exten => 4600,2,VoiceMailMain(s${CALLERIDNUM})

[macro-vmessage]
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,2,VoiceMail(u${ARG1})
exten => s,3,Playback(goodbye)
exten => s,4,Hangup

I don't think the CALLERIDNUM is the right variable to pass.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the best solution.

I had hoped that the switch command would allow me to call macros on the
other server, but it doesn't seem to.

Any ideas, help, criticism, etc. would be appreciated.

~c