[Asterisk-Users] polycom IP 500/600

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Wed Oct 27 01:13:34 MST 2004

The ease of configuration is the biggest concern here. I'd like to try
everything to avoid pressing the keypad of the phone to change the setting.
There is no way I want to go to a site to make a configuration change.

We will most likely deploy a small appliance as a local dhcp and ftp server
inside a customer's network. Therefore security is less an issue. We only
have ssh access to the local server. Then if we make any change, we just
change the setting on the server and send a command to reboot the phone.
Again there is no way I visit each site and punch keys on each phone.