[Asterisk-Users] Can I pick up a phone that rings from my phone?

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Tue Oct 26 21:42:15 MST 2004

Put the same lines as mentioned below in your sip.conf file. You'll need
to add the lines for every phone you want to be in the pickup group.

You can then make different pickup groups for different teams etc.

This assumes that your phones are SIP based.

Now, what I want to have a line ring on all the phones in a group (this
bit is easy). When a user picks up I want another user to be able to
press a button on his phone and join the conversation. I use the Cisco
7960.

This feature is available on my Lucent Definity G3 but I don't know what
it's called.

Mark

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 23:10, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 11:00, Matt Riddell wrote:
> > Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> > > I am not sure how it is called, but I would like to pick up the ringing
> > > phone of my co-worker on an Asterisk PBX system.
> > >
> > > Can I do that, and if how?
> >
> > Sure you can.  In your /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf file you can add:
> >
> > callgroup=1
> > pickupgroup=1
> >
> > before your channel lines.
> >
> > Then when a phone is ringing you press *8# to pick up the call.
>

> Unfortunately I am not using a card YET.
>
> Is there any other way?
>

> bye
>
> Ronald

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/KC2ENI