[Asterisk-Users] SIP - H.323 connection

Luís Palma lpalma at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 16:31:48 MST 2004

> Who is going to accept the SIP calls, Asterisk ou SER?
Either one of them can accept/register SIP agents, although what I
have been reading SER is more scalable for large implementations.

> Who is going to redirect calls to PSTN? Asterisk or SER?
Only Asterisk can interface with PSTN using special hardware (like
Digium cards).

> In the H.323->SIP calls, who should the gnugk contact? Asterisk or SER?
I cannot help you on this.. Is H323 still live? :-)

> If someone is using a similar network, please give me a little help.
You can drop me an e-mail, I have been hobbying on Asterisk issues,
having indeed already some Digium hardware brought, but still needing
a server to extend my Voice System. I have only deployed a standalone
system.
And it's always good to see other portuguese trying to work with asterisk.

Regards
Luis Palma