[Asterisk-Users] Fast AGI

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Oct 26 16:07:57 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 16:42 -0400, Chris Stratton wrote:
> I have been working with FastAGI. I really like it and the idea. But I
> was curious why the decision was made to not follow a standard http
> protocol approach? If it had been http, I could then use all the
> conventional tools that already exist to maintain state, grab name
> value pairs or any number of things.

Probably because the conventional tools for http don't make sense in
telephony? I do not see why I would care about sessioning on a phone
call. Sessioning is to take care of lack of state, but we have state.

BTW, be more patient next time before reposting your message. Not all of
the people here who could give you a definitive answer live on their
computers.