[Asterisk-Users] Problem getting zaprtc installed on a mandrake9.2

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Oct 26 11:45:13 MST 2004

Thomas Hupfeldt wrote:
> Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>>You want to make sure that /usr/src/linux points to
>>/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-37mdk.  Do this as root:
>>
>>ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-37mdk /usr/src/linux
>

> Done
>

>>On Mandrake standard kernels, I don't think that rtc is a module by
>>default.  Do this after running the above command:
>>
>>grep -i rtc /usr/src/linux/configs/*
>

> Does'nt work.. There is not a directory called configs..
>

>>and if CONFIG_RTC=y, then you need to recompile your kernel so that
>>CONFIG_RTC=m.
>>
>>Do this by doing uname -r and seeing which kernel you have.  Copy that
>>config from /usr/src/linux/configs to /usr/src/linux/.config  Then:
>

> the .config file was placed in the /linux/ folder..
>

>>1) cd /usr/src/linux
>
> done
>
>>2) vi .config (change CONFIG_RTC=y to CONFIG_RTC=m)
>
> I cant find this line.. I checked all 2000 lines, but i could'nt find it. So
> i wrote it and saved the file.
>

>>3) Change the Makefile so that EXTRAVERSION (line 4) reflects your new
>>version
>
> Done
>

>>4) make oldconfig && make oldconfig && make dep && make install
>
> done.. This takes several minutes
>

>>5) make sure that /boot/grub/grub.conf shows your new kernel
>
> grub.conf does not exist..
>

>>6) reboot
>
> Done
>
>>7) if everything morks, make the new kernel the default by updating
>>/boot/grub/grub.conf
>
> every things works.. i think.. but I cant update the grub.conf, because it
> didnt exist.
>
>>8) Try to rebuild zaprtc.
>

> :o( Still doesnt work..
>
> Best Regards
> Thomas H.

The /configs/* error could be because that is a redhat thing.  I assumed
that Mandrake followed redhat on that as well.

I don't know enough about zaprtc to know what those compilation errors
mean.  On mandrake, you may need to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst to boot
your new kernel (or you might be using lilo, in which case you need to
look it up.  I haven't used lilo in years...).  It is possible that the
Mandrake people may have patched the kernel so that it isn't possible to
build zaprtc against it, but I doubt it.  Can someone who has done this
on Mandrake 9.2 confirm this?  I don't even have a system to look at.

Run uname -r to see if you are using your new kernel or not.  Also try
"modprobe rtc" and "lsmod | grep rtc" to see if you have rtc as a module
yet.

--
Kristian Kielhofner