[Asterisk-Users] Gentoo

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Tue Oct 26 11:37:57 MST 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 01:11 pm, David Ishmael wrote:
> I'm planning on installing Gentoo as my distro and wanted to check here to
> see if anyone has any tips or ticks I should know about that aren't on the
> Wiki.  I'm installing the TDM400P with a single FXO module for connectivity
> to my home PSTN connection.  Anything I should know or do that would make
> this go easy?

Besides from easy, there's one consideration to keep in mind.
How good are you on locking down a linux box?

Just using ipfilter/shorewall does not make a secure box.

(Mandrake 10 does a good job of locking down a box. Minus whatever You install
and run that might be a liability.)

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin