[Asterisk-Users] Begin to begin

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Oct 26 10:05:32 MST 2004

Bob DeBolt wrote:

> Greets
>
> As a newbie to the world of Asterisk, I would like some direction
> regarding the required hardware to get a 50 user VOIP network running.
>
> Although I do firewall configs etc. to accommodate VOIP I have a
> requirement to employ Open Source. Asterisk looks like the best
> bet but I am not clear on where to start building on the hardware
> end. Any direction would certainly be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Sincerely
>
> Bob DeBolt

You need to decide what you are going to do for trunks to the PSTN,
other voip networks, etc.  T1, channel bank & analog, or a voip provider
a la NuFone?  Check out the zaptel cards and see what you like.  For
phones, I like Cisco 7960's.  You can also look at Sipura SPA's for
remote locations, telecommuters, etc.  Check out the soft clients from
X-Ten networks (www.xten.net).  This should give you plenty to chew on
for some time!

--
Kristian Kielhofner