[Asterisk-Users] SIP Conferencing Server

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Oct 26 08:10:08 MST 2004

Smarty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Repeating my request again.
>
> I need to:
>
> 1. Make a "Group" containing some agents (SIP User Agents) as members.
>
> 2. Start a conference between the members of the Group. (The asterisk
> server should
> do the conferencing between these SIP User Agents. So the asterisk
> server should
> be able to understand the request from one member to be redirected to
> all the group members).
>
> I'll be really grateful if I could have some suggestions as to how can I
> create the Group and start the conference?

There probably isn't functionality for this built in to MeetMe right now.

Here's a suggestion:

1)Build a simple database to contain your groups and members.
2)Build a webpage to allow selection of the group you want to start the
conference with.
3)On submit from step2, dump a .call file for each agent that should be
in the conference that dials the user, and patches them into MeetMe.
4)Click said link/button.
5)Wait for users to all beep in.

Additionally...

6) Release said code to sourceforge or similar so that others can
use/enhance.

If you're interested in building this suggestion, or having someone
build it for you, please let me know. I would be interested in working
on the script, but have no use for it personally at this time. If
someone else is interested, I'd be inclined to devote some compute
cycles to it.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/