[Asterisk-Users] IAX trunking clarification...

Chris Bshaw cwbshaw at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 02:23:59 MST 2004

Hi....

I am putting together a presentation on VoIP technology, and I just wanted
to make sure I get my facts straight.

I have read that one of the features of the IAX protocol is that in can
trunk multiple calls in a single UDP stream.....

Anywhere I have read this, it seems to be implied (but never stated
explicitly) that this is something that is not possible with other protocols
(eg: SIP, H.323, Skinny, MGCP etc.)....

Is this correct?

Thanx muchly in advance.

Chris Bradshaw.