[Asterisk-Users] GPL thoughts

Adam Hart adam at teragen.com.au
Mon Oct 25 21:33:05 MST 2004

Remember the requirements of GPL is regarding distribution, not use, you
can do what ever you like with it internally, with no requirement to
publish it. Config files being GPL doesn't really make sense as you
would only ever be distributing them as they are anyway (not compiling them)

GPL in a simple sense (feeling free to correct me on this) is "if you
give some the binary of software containing source under GPL, you must
also give them the source"

-Adam