[Asterisk-Users] Routing based on Caller ID

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Oct 25 19:03:35 MST 2004

Daina Hopper wrote:
> Is it possible to set up asterisk to route calls to a particular extension
> based on Caller ID number on an incoming FXO call?  I have seen info on
> Blacklists but nothing like what I would like to do here.  Anyone have any
> thoughts?

Sure.  Two examples:

1) If you have DIDs i.e. direct dial lines on B/PRI.

exten => 7654321/1234567,1,Do Something

This will do something when DID 7654321 is rung by caller id 12345678

2) Standard lines (i.e. no DID)

exten => s/1234567,1,Do Something

This will do something when a call comes in with caller id 1234567.

Make sense?

If you're after more information on the above, you would want to search
for anti ex-girlfriend.

There are some examples based on this so that if your
ex-(girl/boy)friend calls you route it somewhere weird (i.e. to her
cellphone if it comes from her land line and vice versa).

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell