[Asterisk-Users] Re: Benjk's Question "Why FXS"

Reid A. Forrest reid at cvtelecom.com
Mon Oct 25 17:38:50 MST 2004

> -----Original Message-----
> From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
> James H. Thompson
>
> Sipura 200 ATA is $40/port
> Linksys PAP2-NA is $25/port

You're correct, I was looking at prices of _new_ channel banks instead of
these devices. At $25 or $40 per port it could make sense to use FXS instead
of VoIP. I haven't really followed the Linksys products; is the PAP2-NA
commercially available unlocked? I thought they only sold these locked to
Vonage.

As another poster suggested, channel banks can be had for cheap on eBay, but
I generally don't consider used equipment on eBay a source most businesses
would look to.