[Asterisk-Users] Agents allowed to transfer but * just hangs up!

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Oct 25 16:26:26 MST 2004

--On Monday, October 25, 2004 19:08 -0400 Joseph <tech at ekn.com> wrote:

> What do you see in the console of asterisk when you do the transfer?
> You might want to turn debuging on to see what * is saying.
>
> Are you using # sign to transfer?

All SIP phones, but it doesn't matter.  Just tested on an analog phone.
It's probably chan_agent.  I remember seeing some sort of ocmmit about
chan_agent and transfers, but does ANYONE even have this working?  Better
question might be does anyone even use chan_agent besides me?

> Also, are you running current code?

Not cvs HEAD in production, but 1.0.1 plus the patch that I submitted to
get agents to work at all.

> It can be frustrating.

No this is beyond frustrating, this is costing us business now.  It was my
mistake though to lean so heavily on a system that hasn't been that fully
explored here internally.  I has assumed that common things like using
agents on queues and allowing agents to transfer would have been fairly
well travelled.