[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 190 - strange voice problems

Jeremy Rusnak jrusnak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:52:41 MST 2004

Hi all,

We just installed a new Asterisk system with 12 phones and eight phone
lines last week.  Things have been going well, except for one strange
problem.

Most of our phones are Grandstream 102s, but we have four SNOM 190 for
exec and support phones (for the PC headset support).  These phones
work great until they have handled a certain volume of calls, when
they partially stop working.

Every OTHER call works fine.  But there is no audio on one out of two
calls.  Rebooting the phone solves the problem.  The calls go through,
there is just no audio at all on the SNOM phone.  This happens with
internal or external calls.

We're running SIP and version 3.46 of the phone firmware.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeremy