[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Accounts on a Softphone

Christopher Jacob chris at jacob-solutions.com
Mon Oct 25 12:10:12 MST 2004

Hey All,

I am looking for a SIP soft phone to deploy at my company. I have been
messing around with X-Lite and it looked like the winner, but I have found a
problem. I need to be able to set up two accounts on the phone and have the
user EASILY toggle between them.

You see, I have two asterisk servers. One for internal users (people in the
office) and one for external users (people home, customer site, etc.)

The problem with xLite is it always seems to try to register the default. If
you are out of the office, this is not possible as that box is on the
internal network only.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris