[Asterisk-Users] echo questions

Paul Dugas Paul at DugasEnterprises.com
Mon Oct 25 11:36:46 MST 2004

Got echo on my X100P FXO line and am looking for some improvement.  I
think I've read what the Wiki has to offer and the use of ztmonitor to
evaluate adjustments to rxgain and txgain seems promising but I'm lost as
to how to read the results.

{ First, please forgive this Computer Engineer who opted to
  take more microcode and digital hardware classes in school
  rather than the analog circuits and signals classes that
  would likely prove more useful here. }

The Wiki says "Place a call, let the remote party talk, then adjust them
until they sound better."  Is there a way to adjust them in the CLI or do
I need to adjust them in the conf file and restart between tests?

What am I looking for with ztmonitor?   I get that it's a "meter"
depicting volume but what does "bad" look like versus "good".

Also, I've heard some suggest that a FXO module in a TDM400P does a better
job at echo canceling.  Could someone elaborate on this?

Paul

--
Paul A. Dugas                               Dugas Enterprises, LLC
email: paul at dugasenterprises.com            1711 Indian Ridge Drive