[Asterisk-Users] 3com with Asterisk

Stuart Elvish stuart at rage.com.au
Mon Oct 25 08:52:20 MST 2004

Dear Doug,

I live in Australia so things might be a little different for you.

I spoke to 3com who said that the phone needed to be imaged first on an
NBX system and then from there could be programmed to work with SIP
however they wouldn't guarantee the compatibility with Asterisk and
they wouldn't image the phones for us before we received them.

 From the information provided by 3com, the best bet would be to find a
dealer who has an NBX solution working, get them to flash the phone for
you (and hope that they don't void their dealership) and then see if
you can program it from there.

Additional functionality (such as line indicators) will most likely be
your biggest problem if you do get the phone to work, I believe they
don't use a system compatible with asterisk (sorry I am still quite new
to this myself).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Stuart