[Asterisk-Users] SayNumber application - in spanish?

Jeffrey Paul jpaul at diamondcard.com
Mon Oct 25 08:20:52 MST 2004

After reading the wiki, it would appear that the "SetLanguage"
application will set the proper language variable for use by the rest of
the speaking applications, such as SayNumber.  However, from my
(limited) knowledge of counting in Spanish, it's not quite as
straightforward as just having different samples - numbers such as 101
don't follow the "one hundred"+"one" format of English...

This being said, do the numeral-speaking applications within asterisk
understand these syntactic differences in languages, or am I on my own
for creating a Spanish IVR?

-j, who is not looking forward to reimplementing SayNumber() for Spanish
in perl...
--
Jeffrey Paul
Senior Network Administrator - Group Financial LLC
248.331.1970 - jpaul at diamondcard.com