[Asterisk-Users] Multi-office topology suggestions

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Mon Oct 25 08:09:13 MST 2004

Shawn Dillon wrote:

> The issue is this: How can I have a phone number in a city over 1000
> miles connect to the Asterisk box in an economical way? I have only
> tested the Asterisk box with a TDM11B and have no real experience with
> T1's . Would they help in this situation?

The simplest solution is to buy phone numbers in those "remote" cities
from a VOIP provider, rather than a PSTN provider. That provider can
then deliver the inbound calls to your Asterisk server using a pure IP
connection.

Check the Wiki for VOIP providers in Canada; I'm sure there are a number
who can do what you need.