[Asterisk-Users] Vonage Softphone--outbound calls work, inbound do not

Richard Branham richard at branham.us
Mon Oct 25 06:53:17 MST 2004

I have successfully installed and configured a HandyTone 286 and can send
and receive calls between the console and the HT adapter.  I have also
registered with the Vonage server (via a softphone account) and can place
calls from the HT phone to my cellphone (or any other number) through the
Vonage account.  However, I'm unable to call my Vonage softphone number and
have it ring the HT phone.  I expect to see debug messages in the Asterisk
console, but I don't see those either.  Here are my entire sip.conf and
extensions.conf files.  Any assistance you can lend is greatly appreciated.

sip.conf:

[general]
port=5060
;bindaddr=0.0.0.0
bindaddr=192.168.1.104
context=default

register => <VonageNumber>:<VonagePassword>@sphone.vopr.vonage.net:5061/3333

[1111]
type=friend
username=1111
secret=password
defaultip=192.168.1.103
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

[<VonageNumber>]
type=friend
username=<VonageNumber>
secret=<VonagePassword>
host=sphone.vopr.vonage.net
port=5061
maxexpirey=15
dtmfmode=inband
fromuser=VonageNumber
fromdomain=sphone.vopr.vonage.net
canreinvite=no
nat=no
context=default
disallow=all
allow=all

extensions.conf:

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no

[local]
include => default

[default]
exten => s,1,Answer
;exten => s,2,VoicemailMain

exten => 2222,1,Dial(SIP/1111)
exten => 2222,2,Hangup

exten => 9999,1,Answer
exten => 9999,2,VoicemailMain

exten => <VonageNumber>,1,Answer
exten => <VonageNumber>,2,Dial(SIP/1111)

exten => _9.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@<VonageNumber>,30,r)