[Asterisk-Users] sip.conf user with defaultip= .... works butcallerid not settable (= ip)

Steve Totaro asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Oct 25 05:54:55 MST 2004

try is with just "callerid=<1234567>"
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: niels at wxn.nl
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 8:33 AM
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] sip.conf user with defaultip= .... works butcallerid not settable (= ip)

  Hello

  I have this in my sip.conf ... it's a cisco which I authenticate on it's IP adress

  this works.. asterisk authenticates sip calls from this IP as user 1234567 and uses the right context,

  only, the CALLERID is the ip adress e.g. 19216801 instead of the callerid which i try to set using the 'callerid='  field

  if I make a user authenticate with his username and password the callerid part does work

  does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

  sip.conf:

  ;Test 123
  [1234567]