[Asterisk-Users] ACT Gateways

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Mon Oct 25 03:41:42 MST 2004

Hi,

We choose the Mediatrix 2102 with 2 analogue and 2 ethernet ports.

Cost: £89.99 (roughly equiv $165).

We are using these to hook up Faxes and DECT phones (cordless).
The top of the range business DECT from from BT is £30 (if you buy a few from trade).
Worth mentioning that even VoiceMail indication works on the BT analogue phone.  Also the voice quality was actually better on the top of the range business DECT phone than the top of the range home BT phone which retails at around £90 (the one that includes SMS / mobile sim card support).

What other cordless choices are there for native SIP phones???

Zyxel Prestige 2000W Wireless SIP Phone = £159.99 (on sale even).

I think you can easily do the math and realise what the best option is.

HTH

Alex