[Asterisk-Users] IAXy setup

Wilson Pickett wilson.pickett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 01:46:40 MST 2004

> I haven´t tougth about being re-provisioning the iaxy box :)...
>
> But how do you detect the dns change? wich ddns company are u using?

Take look at dyndns.org, they have both free and paid services. I set
a cron job to run every 10 minutes or so and based on a script I found
at DDNS, it detects its ip address and if changed does a bunch of
things like notify DDNS so the DNS is updated (some Linksys and other
NAT routers will do this btw) and change the ip in the sip.conf, do a
sip reload, reprovision the IAXy.

works like a charm!

Here is their list of clients, many of which are just scripts in Perl, PHP etc.

https://www.dyndns.org/services/dyndns/clients.html