[Asterisk-Users] Digium TheVoice recordings' sound terrible

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 08:01:19 MST 2004

Hi Benj,

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:39:06 +0900, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists
<benjk.on.asterisk.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip URLs]
>
> yes, I have played with those and all I did achieve was making the
> recordings worse, but thanks anyway.
>
> However, it seems now that this is not a common problem so I have to
> check back with the customer whether these files are really the
> originals. You never know, they might have messed around with those.
> If anything else fails I will ask them to reorder the prompts once
> more and get them delivered as GSM.

I've never ordered from thevoice, but I have converted some MP3 to gsm
and after fighting with sox parameteres I came up with this:

sox in.wav -t gsm -r 8000 -g -b -c 1 out.gsm resample -ql vol 0.6

You can adjust the volume changing the last parameter. It works good
enough for me. With the wiki examples I got mixed result, like a
changed pitch, or the same pitch but a really slow speed for some
recordings.

Best regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño