[Asterisk-Users] iLBC/PCM16 Huge Cost

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Sun Oct 24 01:55:46 MST 2004

Todd Lieberman wrote:

>Wo trevor, Format and start over?  Don't go crazy, just remove the files
>created by make install.

Fighting for weeks to get a more-or-less stable telephone system can
drive a man to do extraordinary things like rebuilding a server from
scratch!

We are making process, however.  With the 0.59r mpg123, I see no
processes consuming all sorts of CPU power once * has been running for a
few hours.

show translation still reveals the iLBC column in the 8700 to 9600 range
though.  LPC10's row is also in the 900s.

show translation recalc 10 still causes the * console to stop responding
as well.

When I first bootup *, it consumes nearly 100% of CPU, all in user...
system is less than 1%.  The time that it monopolizes the processor
varies as well.