[Asterisk-Users] iLBC/PCM16 Huge Cost

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Sat Oct 23 18:42:16 MST 2004

Trevor Peirce wrote:

> I have noticed that when * is first loading, CPU usage goes to 100%
> for exactly the same duration that it takes that ilbc codec to load.

Upon closer inspection, it seems that every time a caller is hears MOH,
a new mpg123 is spawned.  Right now top is showing 8 mpg123's running,
and between then and * CPU utilisation is maxed out.  About 30% user and
65% system.

Can anyone tell me if this would make sense from a faulty IDE controller
card, or is it most likely something else?  I won't have a chance to use
the slower onboard channels until later tonight, but if anyone has
suggestions before then I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Trevor