[Asterisk-Users] Cheap hosted servers and Asterisk

William Suffill william.suffill at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 10:02:59 MST 2004

Scott,

I use an AMD 2400 hosted in The Planet (www.theplanet.com) to host my
asterisk box currently. They don't directly offer AMDs but a provider
that colocates there does. $60/mnth. SeverMatrix.com is the low end
dedicated biz of The Planet directly. It is only 60ms from my home in
NJ even in TX and I have all my voip routes into that. I use
notransfer and G729 for most routes and been fine for the most part.
Cisco 7960 here to TX via sip and in/out for origination/term by SIP
or IAX2. It is a nice change since my system is reachable even when my
cable decided to take a hiatus which is not unheard of with Comcast. I
also configured it to forward calls to my cell phone if my VOIP
extension isn't available which is nice when I'm out  or Inet is down.
Sure it costs me the mins addition for that leg but I preferred that
over not getting the call at all.

I would suggest looking around and finding one with good routing to
your DSL But there isn't a shortage of providers that offer low end
dedicated.

Any specific questions feel free to contact me off list.

-- William