[Asterisk-Users] iLBC/PCM16 Huge Cost

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Sat Oct 23 02:06:00 MST 2004

Hello,

During asterisk bootup, I've been having a fun time with a random delay
which can be quite long, from what seems to be the codec_ilbc.so file.

I notice in verbose mode the cost is rather high, and was hoping someone
will have some insight on what's going on here.

Prior to a harddrive dying, I was running * on this same hardware
flawlessly.  The only difference now is a new RAID card (no IRQ
conflicts), and a pair of harddrives instead of jsut one.  This seems to
happen on both CVS and stable 1.0.1.

[codec_ilbc.so] => (iLBC/PCM16 (signed linear) Codec Translator)
 == Registered translator 'ilbctolin' from format ILBC to SLINR, cost 215
 == Registered translator 'lintoilbc' from format SLINR to ILBC, cost
629693

TIA,
Trevor Peirce