[Asterisk-Users] new quad T1 install

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Fri Oct 22 21:21:17 MST 2004

On 07:24 PM 10/22/2004, Mark Phillips wrote:
 >Firstly, I have a PRI which will be connected to the card. How does *
 >know that a call for 732 111 3714 should get routed to extn 3714?

Simple enough, your PRI provider will send some portion of the number to
you, many times it's the last 4 digits, sometimes I've seen 10
digits.  Either way, it will be enough to make all the numbers mapped to
your pri unique.  Contact your PRI provider if you don't know how many
digits they are sending.  Then you just match those by extension...

[inbound-pri]

exten => 3714,1,<do whatever you plan to do when 3714 is called>

 >How do I get 3714's CLI to be 732 111 3714 on outbound calls?

[outboud-us-ld]

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID("My Company Name" <7321113714>)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})

 >How does * handle the calls going out? I'm guessing this is something to
 >do with Dial(zap/something)?

Read the your sample zapata.conf file.  Use a dialing group (for example:
group=1), then dial like above.

 >Any tips etc would be greatly received.
 >
 >Mark
 >

 >--