[Asterisk-Users] Cannot send # to far end, asterisk intercepts.

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Fri Oct 22 14:12:19 MST 2004

Okay,  I know there have been previous posts about this, and there is the
patch 110 on mantis that was never added to CVS.

If you have a mixed environment of SIP based phones and ATA adapters, how
can you still allow the ATA style phones to use the transfer function, yet
allow all dtmf to be passed on to the far end?

I thought the double # answer was a good one, but Mark brought up the fact
that it's non-intuitive and if people can't figure out how to flash a
phone, then they surely can't figure out the timing in pressing two #'s.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this, that isn't 'replace the ATA's
with SIP phones'?

-Chris