[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold() - how to restart player from the beginning on each call? (fwd)

Ryan Courtnage ryan-lists at voxbox.ca
Fri Oct 22 13:23:55 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-22-10 at 16:05 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 05:56, Manfred Petz wrote:
> [snip]
> > Is there a way to force MusicOnHold() to be restarted from the beginning for
> > each call which has been answered?
> [snip]
>
> Why?  What would be the point?

off the top of my head ... promotional messages.

Manfred - I don't think there is a graceful way to do this.  I know that
if you do a "killall mpg123" at your command line, the next call MOH
answers will start playing the mp3s at the beginning.  Of course this
would affect others that are listening, but if you build out some logic
you might be able to make some use of it.

Ryan