[Asterisk-Users] FWD via IAX2 -- anybody else experiencing timeouts?

Fri Oct 22 05:53:44 MST 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:19:56 +0800, Garry Taylor <garry at steelclaws.net> wrote:
> How to set fwd iax as a peer? The config that I got from FWD does not show
> how to do this

Yeah, the sample config of FWD is BAD and should be AVOIDED.

> Also how to get the status from "unmonitored" to what you have?
> Appreaciate any help on this.

Use this in your /etc/asterisk/iax.conf ...

register => 12345:blah at iax2.fwdnet.net ; FWD Tel No. 12345, password blah

[iaxfwd] ; inbound connections from FWD
; it has to be 'iaxfwd' or it won't work
type=user
auth=rsa
inkeys=freeworlddialup
disallow=all
allow=ulaw ; FWD only support ulaw
context=fwd-incoming

[fwd-gw] ; outbound connections to FWD
type=peer
auth=md5
secret=blah
username=12345
qualify=yes
host=iax2.fwdnet.net
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
callerid="The Flintstones Inc"<12345>

... and this in your extensions.conf ...

[globals]
FWDUSERID => 12345
FWDUSERNAME => The Flintstones Inc
FWDGW => IAX2/12345 at fwd-gw

; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Incoming calls from Free World Dialup (FWD)
; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[fwd-incoming]
;
exten => 12345,1,Goto(incoming,s,1)
; or whatever else you want to do with those calls

; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Free World Dialup (FWD) VoIP service
; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[fwd-users]
;
exten => _*393[1-9]X.,1,SetCallerID(${FWDUSERID})
exten => _*393[1-9]X.,2,SetCIDName(${FWDUSERNAME})
exten => _*393[1-9]X.,3,Dial(${FWDGW}/${EXTEN:4},60,r)
exten => _*393[1-9]X.,4,Hangup

[your-main-context-whatever-it-may-be]
;
include => fwd-users

That's all. Grant access to context "fwd-users" to anybody you want to
allow to use your FWD credentials to dial out, typically by including
fwd-users into the context they are assigned to.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.