[Asterisk-Users] IAXy echo avoidance/cancellation

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Fri Oct 22 05:26:18 MST 2004

Ok, I searched the lists and found no definitive answer. I'm assuming
the IAXy has some primitive form of echo cancel, is there anyway to
adjust this? Or any ideas on what to do instead. Here's the setup, this
will not be a typical setup for our company however, well whatever.
Anyway it looks like this:

IAXy --> Netgear router --> Charter --> Level3 --> Asterisk --> VOIP or
analog.

The problem being calls made to or from anything on the far end results
in about a half second echo on their end. I got my echo cancel working
on our PRI and FXS/POTS devices pretty good. This happens even to say a
SIP phone for example. Therefore I assume it's the IAXy. Our server(s)
are about 24ms from the IAXy (on Charter), that's pretty decent ping
times. Any ideas?

Just to keep confusing low:

IAXy --> far end

Far end hears the echo, this is a weird one (for me anyway) the echo has
always been on my end for FXS type devices. Thanks for not flaming me
:-)

	Matt S